Travelteca, the first online school created by and for tourism professionals, held the second edition of its Online and Offline Tourism Marketing Congress in May 2022. The company trusted Real for his PR service in Spain with a made–to-measure plan.
Objective (What did the client want?):
- Announce the congress and the opening of registrations.
- Give visibility to Travelteca as organizer of the congress.
- Position Ángela Fernández as an expert in tourism marketing, at the head of Travelteca and organizer of the congress.
- Improve relations with the main media in the tourism sector for future Travelteca actions.
Approach (How did we help?):
- Following our values, from Real we make a proposal adjusted, not including unnecessary services to achieve the goal marked. A plan based on concrete and tactical actions.
- The work began a month before the celebration of the congress to have time for the preparation of the materials and the announcement of the congress.
- We focused on the press release announcing the opening of inscriptions touching the “pain point” of the attendees at the congress. In this case, when addressing travel agents, the communication focused on the benefits of the congress and was distributed among all the media in the tourism sector in Spain.
- We followed up to reconfirm that they had received the information, we managed individual requests from some journalists and, finally, we prepared a results report that includes all the coverage generated with this project.
Results (What did we get?):
- The congress registration opening press release generated more than 25 hits in the media and their e-newsletters with an audience of more than 1.8 million.
- Reached repercussion in the tourism sector media and, furthermore, in the marketing and communication sector media.
- Practically all the media in the tourism sector published the press release, such as: Hosteltur, Agenttravel, Preferente, Smart Travel News, Gran hotel Turismo, Expreso.info, Gazette del Turismo, Soloagentes, Tourinews…
- Regarding improving the relationship with the media, Soloagentes created a video with statements by Ángela Fernández explaining the congress in a television news format and, on the other hand, Travelteca and Tourinews have valued an alliance for the next congress in 2023.
Testimonials (What did the client say about our work?):
Ángela Fernández, Founder of Travelteca and organizer of the congress:
“Very happy with the work of Alba Prieto and Sergio Flecha from Real Marketing and Communication. The media are already beginning to publish news about the II Congress of Online and Offline Tourism Marketing. This week I had the pleasure of being able to meet them in person and they are not only great professionals, but they are also one of those people with whom it is a pleasure to work, that everything is easy, fluid and happy.
If you also want your business to appear in the media communication, I cannot recommend you to anyone better”.